Hope Begins With A Meal (HBWAM) is a ministry that was started in partnership with Union Gospel Mission in 2017 to provide Thanksgiving meals to people in need in the greater Twin Cities area, and through a Woodcrest-specific registration program, to individuals and families in the communities immediately around Woodcrest.
This year, our goal is to collect donations sufficient for 500 Thanksgiving food bags. Each bag contains enough food to provide a Thanksgiving meal for approximately five persons.
REGISTRATION FOR FOOD BAGS
Registration for food bags will open on Monday, October 4. If you or someone you know would be helped by a free Thanksgiving meal, please register HERE.
Key dates for the HBWAM Thanksgiving campaign are:
- Kickoff on Sunday, October 3
- Cub Crash (formerly Cub Caravan) after each service on October 10
- Super Saturday on November 13
- Packup beginning at 9 am
- Pickup from 1-3 pm
HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE?
- DONATE GENEROUSLY!
- DONATE ONLINE HERE
- Donate by cash or check (put “for HBWAM” on the memo line or envelope)
- At HBWAM Project Central in the foyer
- In Offering Box
- Mail to Woodcrest Church
- Food items
- Participate in Cub Crash and donate purchased food items (a list of food items to purchase will be provided)
- Food donations will also be accepted on Sunday, October 17
- VOLUNTEER FOR SUPER SATURDAY!!
- Participate in Packup. The Packup event is when food items are packed into bags to make up the Thanksgiving meals.
- Participate in Pickup. The Pickup event is when Woodcrest registrants come to the church to pick up their requested bags of food.
- SIGN UP ONLINE HERE or at the SERVE Center